About the Arlington Baths Club
Arlington Baths Club is the oldest of the very few Victorian bathing complexes left in the world. Founded in 1870, the Club is owned and run - by members, for members - on a not-for-profit basis.
If you'd like to find out more about the club and facilities, the best way is to try it out yourself! To see around or try the facilities please contact us for a tour and trial.
The Baths is not only a special and historic building; it is a community of people from all walks of life. We're home to a diverse community with rich memories. Some members joined as children to swim with their parents; they’re now bringing their own children to the Baths.
Arlington Baths Club was originally designed by architect John Burnett in 1870. This was a single-storey building, which accommodated the pool, two bath areas, changing rooms and a small reading room.
In 1875 the first extension added a new Turkish suite and reading room. Almost 20 years later, the Club added a second storey to part of the building to create space for billiard rooms and a card room.
In 1902, the first floor was extended over the original building, giving it the form of the ‘A’ listed building of today.